So easy to use!
- Place 4-5 Eco Nuts in the reusable wash bag (provided) and tie it closed.
- Put the wash bag in with your laundry and wash as normal, following manufacturer instructions
- Remove the bag at the end of the wash. Set aside to try or do another load.
- Re-use at least 10 times. You will know when the nuts are 'done' when they start to disintegrate. They can then be composted in your garden.
- Add more Eco Nuts to the bag and start the process again.
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overfill your laundry machine! Eco Nuts work more efficiently when they have room to agitate and room to work.
- No need for fabric softener - your laundry will come out soft and fluffy without it.
- Make sure to store your Eco Nuts in a cool, dry place.
- Washing heavily-soiled items? Pre-soak 4-5 bagged Eco Nuts in a small container of hot water for a few minutes. Add this 'tea' plus the the bagged nuts to your machine. Put fewer items of clothing in the machine to allow maximum agitation space.
- Hand washing? Soak 2 bagged Eco Nuts in a small container of hot water. Add this 'tea' to your sink and wash as usual.
- Stains? Like regular laundry detergent, Eco Nuts do not remove super-greasy stains. Instead, pre-treat grease stains with a stain remover prior to washing.
- Washing your Wet Suit or other outdoor equipment? Eco Nuts highly recommends their Liquid Detergent rather than soap nuts, but the nuts will work in a pinch. Put 5 bagged Eco Nuts in a glass of warm water and let soak for five minutes. Add the water plus the bag to your wash tub or bucket, and agitate the item. Rinsing is optional, but a good idea to remove any sand. Dry normally by hanging. Alternately, you can place the bag in a bucket of water and leave it in the sun before you go surfing. The 'tea' should be ready for washing when you return.
Back to Eco Nuts Product Page